Here at CHERUB HQ, we’re always coming up with new ideas and designs for CHERUB posters, bookmarks, badges and postcards to name a few. But we wanted to know – can you do better? There are some huge CHERUB fans amongst you, but do any of you have a creative streak?
For this competition, we’d like you to design a CHERUB or Henderson’s Boys poster, advertising one or all of the books from the series. You can do it however you like, perhaps as a drawing or painting, or in a computer program like Photoshop. However you want to do it, you’ll need to be able to email your finished poster (a scanned image is fine), along with your name and postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th November 2010.
After the closing date, a panel of judges at CHERUB HQ will whittle down the entries, then it’ll be up to you members to vote for your favorite from a shortlist of ten. Robert Muchamore will then pick three winners from the shortlist.
What’s the prize?
This is a once in a lifetime, money-can’t-buy-prize, not available anywhere else! The three winners plus one friend each will have an all expenses paid lunch with Robert Muchamore, at the Hard Rock Café in London. They’ll get to chat about CHERUB, get to know Robert and maybe even persuade him to talk about what he’s writing now James’s CHERUB career is over.
We’ll also feature entries we like in the members area throughout the summer and right up until the autumn, so your work of art will be on display for everyone to see.
For full terms and conditions, see below.
You don't have to belong to the CHERUB members area to enter the competition. However, there will be a gallery in the members area where you can view the best entries (Including yours?) and post comments on them.
Members will also get a chance to pick the final shortlist of ten entries, from which Robert Muchamore will pick the three winners.
You can sign up now at www.cherubmembers.com
1. No purchase necessary.
2. To enter this prize draw you must be over 16 years of age or have permission from a parent or guardian if you are under 16 years of age.
3. Only one entry per household allowed.
4. Entries must be received by midnight, Friday 19th November 2010. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
5. The instructions for entry contained in the adverts publicising this competition form part of the competition rules.
6. Any personal information (entrant's name, age, email address and address) will not be disclosed to any third party, except for the purpose of fulfilling the prize where applicable.
7. The three winners will be notified via the email address they provided by Friday 3rd December 2010. The winner must claim their prize within 10 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
8. Any winner under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a one parent or guardian over 18 years of age. This parent or guardian can either count as the winner's one friend or as a separate guest of the winner additional to the winner's friend.
9. The three winners plus one friend each, plus one parent or guardian per winner (if under 16 years of age) will win lunch with Robert Muchamore at the Hard Rock Cafe in London on Saturday 15th January. Return economy class train tickets to London will be provided for each winner, their one friend and one parent or guardian if applicable. No accommodation will be provided as part of the prize by the Promoter. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into. All prizes are subject to availability.
9. Three winners will be selected as the overall winners by Robert Muchamore by Thursday 2nd December 2010.
10. The winner will be contacted by Hachette Children's Books via the email provided.
11. The winner will be asked to supply their full postal address if they are selected in order to fulfil the competition.
12. By entering the competition the winner agrees to allow the free use of their name, photograph and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with the promotion.
13. The prizes are not exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
14. To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading by 20th December 2010.
15. This competition is not open to employees of Hachette Children's Books or their immediate families.
16. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. Hachette Children's Books have organised this competition in good faith and does not accept any liability relating to the prize.
18. The promoter is Hachette Children's Books, 338 Euston Road, London NW1 3BH.